Are you experiencing a fire?


Friday February 24 2012


2 Timothy 2:21 “If you keep yourself pure, you will be a utensil God can use for His purpose.  Your life will be clean and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.”

After my disastrous episode of finding the “old” clay unusable, the next year I ordered new clay so I could complete my plans.  I remembered “working” the cool, moist clay with my fingers when I was enrolled in art class and I wanted my students to have the same “hands on” opportunity. 

Many times a “treasured” piece of artistic structure created by the students, fell and broke and I thought how indicative of our lives this was.  We are so fragile and easily broken in our weak human state but if we manage to hold on to our faith, we also know that the Mighty Potter can mend us if remain pliable and the end result of allowing Him to “fix” us will strengthen our walk with God.
 
The most breakage’s occurred in the kiln, where the heat was intense, but the firing process is an important step because it gives the object strength. Then it is glazed and baked again. When the first coat of glaze is applied, it looks dull and the colors are usually quite mundane and drab but after the firing and removal from the kiln, it is completely reformed, not in shape, but in appearance, it is smooth like satin and the brilliant colors are bright and shiny and it is much stronger than before.  The firing has transformed it into a thing of beauty and strengthened it to be useful as well. It takes the entire process to make it lovely and useful.

Are you going through a “fire” today? Are you being tested in the “coals” of learning?  Remember, when the “Potter” molds you, He does it because He loves you and wants you to be beautiful and useful.  He transforms you into a new creature that will be “fully alive” and then the Master himself will use you because you will be the “vessel” that He can use.

Prayer for today: Oh! Lord, I know I have a great deal to learn and I want to be supple and ready to do what you want me to do.  When I go through the ‘fire” help me remember that you are with me and you will not give me more than I can bear.  I know I am special in your sight and you love meLord, I love you and thank you for the time you are investing in me to make me more beautiful.  Help me to be a vessel you can use. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment