Achieve personal satisfaction.


Thursday December 20 2012:

Galatians 6:45.  “Be sure to do what you should for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else,  (5) For we are each responsible for our own conduct.”
As I write this, the Calgary Flames are trying to win the Stanley Cup.  They have clambered their way to this level and it is an exciting series.  I also enjoy watching football.  I feel so blessed when the players profess a relationship with Christ on the public podium.  As I watch these players, I see temper tantrums and adverse actions that are often inexcusable.  I realize it is a sign of frustration and usually an impromptu action.  I think about how often, we, as Christians do something or say things in the heat of the moment only to be sorry after we have said them.  Numerous times, this has happened to me but it is usually too late to do anything about it.  If we endeavor to live as Paul instructs us we would not have these moments of regret for bowing to frustration or saying or doing things we regret
.
Prayer for today:
Heavenly Father, Help me to accept responsibility for my own actions and not blame anyone else for my shortcomings. Help me to do my work well so I won’t be embarrassed or ashamed of anything I do.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment