Being merciful!


Monday November 26 2012:

Mercy: 1)forgiving, compassionate, withholding of the punishment or judgment our sins deserve.
              2) the compassion that causes one to help the weak, the sick or the poor.

Exodus 34:6 &7.  “ I am the Lord, I am the Lord, the merciful and gracious God.  I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness.  I show this unfailing love to many thousands by forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion.”

We serve a merciful God who forgives our sins because we ask him to.  In turn, it is our responsibility to be merciful to others.  When God created ‘man’ he gave us a free will and by doing this, he knew we would disappoint him many times in our lifetime by committing sin.  I am so thankful God is merciful and waits to forgive my numerous sins thereby showing me his tender mercies.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, let me be merciful to those who sin against me.  Let me show mercy to the ones who hurt me or do me wrong.  I want to be forgiving as God is forgiving unto me. Hear my prayer, oh God, In Jesus name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment