Who is the source of your strength?


Thursday November 22 2012:

2 Corinthians 1:3-7.
“All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.  When others are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.  You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.  So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation!  For when God comforts us, it is so that we , in  turn, can be an encouragement to you.  Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.  We are confident that as you share in suffering, you will also share in God’s comfort.”

God offers comfort to all; to you and me!  Praise his name!

Many times we don’t understand the trials we are in but God has everything in control even when we lose it completely!  His mercy endures forever and when we are in a trial, it is then God can teach us and show us his tender mercies. Often we do not know or see the benefits until later when the storm has passed and sometimes we never see the benefits but God knows.  That is when our trust in him is tested.  Trust him, no matter what you are experiencing today. The morning brings new hope and new mercies!

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, Help me to endure this trial and continue trusting you because I know you have everything in control.  Even though I cannot feel you right now I know you are with me.  You have promised to walk with me through all the storms and I know you are with me. Thank you, Lord for your mercy. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment