Where does our wisdom come from?


Friday November 9 2012:

1 Corinthians 3:19.  “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.”

I have noticed there are many very wealthy people in this world that achieved much and sometimes it seems as though the more they accrue the more they profit.  We often think of them as very wise in making financial decisions. 
I have also noticed, sometimes these people acquire their wealth in ways that are questionable.  We are often quick to judge and slander decisions that are made by politicians and other persons of significance.  Can we see that the decisions made by these persons are not wise or even harmful to society?

Paul tells us that the kind of wisdom displayed by the ‘world’ is foolish to God.  Matthew also says that some people have received all the rewards they will ever receive, while believers, strive for the ultimate rewards to be received in heaven from our heavenly Father.

Even though we are not wealthy or important here on earth, our goal is the reward of seeing Jesus and living with him eternally and who knows what wealth we will enjoy.

Our eternal home will last forever but our earthly home is compared to a ‘puff’ of wind.  This is not to say God does not reward us in our earthly lives or bless us with wealth here.  It is not a sin to be wealthy but to love money more than God is called the root of all evil.( Matthew)
Therefore it is important to keep our priorities in order with God being the first then our spouse or family and so on.  Money is very far down the list.  Our wisdom comes from God and even though the world may call us foolish, we are anchored on the wisdom of our Creator.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am thankful that you care about me and my well-being and that you promise to provide my needs.  I often look at others who seem to be in need or want of nothing and wonder why they are rich or seem to be exempt from daily worries.  But I also know my rewards are in heaven with you and my life now, is preparation for the glorious life I will one day have with you.  Help me to keep my priorities in order and to rely on you for my needs striving to continue to put you first in my life.  I ask this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment