Marvellous Grace!! find out what it is!


Monday November 11 2012:

Psalm 84:11 “For the Lord God is our light and protector.  He gives us grace and glory.  No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right.”

Grace:  God’s free and unmerited favor towards sinful humanity.

Unmerited favor means receiving favors we have not earned.  God, in his goodness, gives us a plethora of good things that we have not earned. 
If we worked day and night all our lives, it would be impossible for us to pay for the gifts God offers.  It is only by his grace that we have hope of living eternally in a place where there is only goodness. 

While we are here on this earth, in training for our heavenly dwelling,  He is our light, our protector and giver of all good things.  When we walk with him and serve him and trust him we enjoy the fullness of his grace and glory!  What an amazing God we have!  Take time today to thank him for his marvelous grace.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I just want to thank you for your gifts.  I know I could never pay for the joy of your salvation or the peace that passes all understanding but by the grace that you give, it is mineAll I have to do is accept and acknowledge that you are my personal Saviour.  You are the forgiver and Saviour and I know one day I will stand before you and realize the wondrous gifts from your hand.  Help me to always give thanks and never take your gifts for granted.  Help me to freely give grace to others like you give to me.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment