How big is God.....still?


Wednesday November 7 2012:

Romans 11:33.  “Oh what a wonderful God we have!  How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge.”

I encourage you to spend time today, reflecting on who God is.  How great he must be to form all creation with a breath, a word, or a thought. 
How rich he is, everything is really his, even though we often take credit for wonderful structures and ecological successes.  He is capable of everything in our realm of thinking, creating, destroying or sustaining! 

His wisdom is far beyond what our human frailties can comprehend but he is gracious and grants us as much as we need.  In his goodness, he created you and me and gifted us with uniqueness and the ability to decide whether or not to worship him and believe that he is. 

He is the one who sustains life and provides the very air we breathe. One day he will come to earth again and take us to be with him where we will finally understand his greatness.
 
Let us praise him and thank him for giving us life and giving it more abundantly if we choose to accept it!

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, Sometimes I feel so insignificant, especially when I think how great you are and yet I know you love me more than I can comprehend.  It is humbling to think how much you love me when I think about you.  You, who have everything in your power, to give and to take! To think you gave your most precious “:jewel,”  Your Son to die for me so that I can be your child, is overwhelming.  Yet I know it is true.  You have all riches and wisdom and knowledge and you still are concerned about me.  I can never thank you enough and yet you tell me I don’t owe you anything for all your grace and mercy and blessings. How can I say “thanks” for all you have done?  In Jesus name I thank you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment