Turning from the "world" to Wisdom!


Thursday November 8 2012:

Proverbs 2:12.  “Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose speech is corrupt.”

Oh! How I regret the years I spent listening to corrupt speech and looking for fulfillment in the environments conducive to this lifestyle.  The bar scene was exciting to me at one time and the people who frequented these places seemed to be enjoying themselves and I longed to be a part of this “party crowd”.  

As I spent time in this scene and learned more about the people, I realized their lives were empty and mine was becoming the same way.  When a person is in this mode, it seems, you can never get enough.  The nights aren’t long enough and you never feel satisfied because it is unfulfilling.
I believe it was God’s gentle hand that guided me away from this empty life.  He helped me see the futility of it all.  As I yielded to him and let go of the worldly ways,  I  learned to embrace the road that led to God.  I began to feel free and content.  My desires changed from searching for “fun” to searching for the root of wisdom, which is in God.  He has filled me with his wondrous peace, joy, wisdom and total fulfillment since I have turned my eyes and heart to him.  Praise His name.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I am so grateful that you are the answer to life and in that , we can ask for wisdom and receive it.  Thank you for providing everything I need, all my needs are in you.  Help me to show your love and grace to others.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment