Accept others just as Christ accepted you


Wednesday October 24 2012:

Romans 15:7.  “So accept each other just as Christ has accepted you;  then God will be glorified.”

Isn’t it great to know Christ accepts us just as we are?  Paul says, Christ died for us while we were still sinners
.
Even though I accepted Christ as a young child, I became a rebellious teenager and strayed from my Christian upbringing.  Before I re-committed my life to Christ and made the decision to  live a life that is pleasing to him, I spent many years sinking in the miry clay of sin.  I justified living a sinful life by telling myself I deserved fun and “happiness”.  Many times I neglected my husband and family to pursue the things of the world.  

I am so thankful that Christ still loved me even when I lived a selfish life.  When I finally realized the things of the world offered no satisfaction and lasting joy, I cried out to God to deliver me out of this pit I had dug myself into.  He did not judge or belittle me, He simply lifted me out, gently and set my feet on the Rock (Jesus).  How wonderful for him to welcome me back home without question.

We are to accept others just as Christ accepts us.  Paul tells us through this, God will be glorified.  So often we judge other Christians and find fault with them, even to the extent we spread gossip about them instead of loving them back into the Kingdom.  We need to work on accepting others just as they are and leave the judging to the Holy Spirit who will do the convicting and them to repentance.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for your grace which accepts me just as I am even though I have not done anything to earn it.  Your grace is free and liberally handed out each day.  Help me to be accepting of others and love them into your Kingdom without being judgmental.  I pray for wisdom to know when I need to be quiet and when I need to speak the truth to others. I know my job is to love them and I pray you will help me do this.  In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment