Don't judge a book by it's cover!!


Wednesday October 10 2012

1 Samuel 16:7  “People judge by outward appearances but the Lord looks at a person’s thoughts and intentions.”

Aren’t you thankful the Lord does not judge us by our looks, what we wear, or how, overweight, underweight, puny or large we appear, whether we have stylish coiffures or straggly hair?  Whether we wear expensive outfits or hand-me-downs?

I recently heard about a study being researched regarding employer hiring.  Through various means, it was established that people who were attractive were often preferred and hired before people who were, in some cases, better qualified but not as attractive.  We are appalled by this statistic and yet, I fear, many of us are guilty of the same thing.  When I managed a ladies wear retail store, I often hired salesgirls for their attractiveness instead of their qualifications.  I’m sure this truly happens often in many companies.

Aren’t you glad God sees the inside of us and does not judge us by our outward appearances? Could we be more Christ like in this area and perceive others for who they are instead of what they look like?

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you see my thoughts and intentions instead of my outward appearance and outward actions.  Help me to become what you created me to be so I can be beautiful to you.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment