Some young people die before their time.


Monday October 1 2012:

Isaiah 57:1-2.  “The righteous pass away; the godly often die before their time.  And no one seems to care or wonder why.  No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. (2) For the godly who die, rest in peace.”

When our thirty seven year old son was suddenly taken from us in a car accident, it was devastating to our family. His siblings mourned the loss because he was often the “glue” that made a difference!  Somehow, by the grace of God, we were able to accept our loss.  He left two beautiful children who experienced a huge void in their lives. 

A short time later, the Lord showed me this verse.  My heart leapt for joy because I knew Drew had found rest.  As the years progress, I realize he is at perfect peace.  The children are well taken care of by their mother and a new Dad who has adopted them.  They seem to be in an affluent situation that would have been impossible for Drew to accept.  He was more like John the Baptist who  lived off the land and ate locusts and honey. (maybe not quite like John!!)  The two opposing cultures were vastly different and would have been difficult to integrate. 

Now I see the wonderful promise of this short passage in Isaiah.  Thank God, he knows what is to come and gives us an escape from future heart- breaks.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so glad you know everything!  Even when I think something is too much to bear, you know exactly what is happening and you always have a reason.  Forgive me for jumping to conclusions and giving up or feeling exasperated when things don’t go as I think they should and help me to trust you more in everything.  I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment