Blessing your family


Thursday October 4 2012:

2 Samuel 6:20.  “When David returned home to bless his family............”

Have you taken the time to bless your family today?
I heard a Pastor speak who had experienced a horrendous trial recently, on this small portion of scripture.  As I listened, I found myself searching my heart and remembering the many times I had entered our home with accusing questions.  I regret the times I lashed out to my children for not having completed a chore instead of taking a few moments to establish a positive and respectful attitude.  It occurred to me, as I listened to the speaker, I missed many opportunities to bless my family.  I regret the loss of precious teaching and modeling moments I missed while our children were young and impressionable.

Today, even if you have had a bad day or you’re tired when you arrive home, take the first few moments to consciously bless your family.

 Often it takes only a short phone call or a little prayer lifting them up to Jesus.  Make sure you bless your spouse as well, sometimes they need it more than your children.

Prayer for today;  Heavenly Father, I praise you for your Word and the lessons in it.  Today, help me to take the time to bless my family.  Let me set a positive note in my home when I see them and compliment them on their good points.  Help me to be an encourager to them first and then teach wisdom.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment