Becoming less so God can become more in my life!


Monday October 22 2012:

2 Corinthians 3:18   “...............And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory.”

“Make me More like You Jesus,  Take my Life and Let it Be,  Lord Make me an Instrument for You”  All these wonderful worship songs we sing and we ask to be more like Jesus and indeed, that is our goal!  Paul tells us, as we allow the Spirit to work within us, we will become more like him.

I am aware I was created with a strong and somewhat stubborn mind.  My husband often reminds me of this.  I used to wonder and ask God why he created me this way and I came to the realization, as I grow spiritually, I am learning to give up my stubborn nature and let it go. 

As I continue to work at this  I sense progress, I sense the glory of the Lord becoming stronger in me.  As I let go, God takes over!  I am aware of my stubborn nature and selfishness becoming more faint.  I realize this is a process that I need to allow to happen.  Were it not for the actual process, I would never experience the struggle of letting go. Yes! it is a struggle at times but the product at the end is worth it all! If I continue  barging ahead on my own path without allowing God to control, I will never become what God intended me to be.  As I let more and more of my “self” go, I become more and more like Christ and this is the goal of my life, How about you?  Are you willing to let go and let God take control?

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so thank full that I am your child and you are my Father.  You are the potter and I am the clay and even though it has taken me many years to allow you to be Lord of my life, I have experienced much learning through the process.  I thank and praise you for having patience with me and loving me through it all.  I want to become more like you, Jesus.  I pray in Jesus name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment