Everyone is loved by God!


Friday October 26 2012:

James 3:13.  “If you are wise and know the ways of God, live a life of steady goodness so that only good deeds will pour forth.”

James emphasizes the concept of acting out our faith.  The instruction to believe and accept Jesus to be saved, is true!  But to live a fulfilled  Christian life, it is important to act out our faith!  If we just sit around and utter the words of faith and salvation how will others know the love of God? 

We cannot convey the love, grace and mercy of our Lord by only preaching and praying.  We must show our faith by doing good deeds and helping others in need or some similar action.  Our “goodness” needs to be evident for the unbeliever to witness.
I have often heard unbelievers “bad-mouth” Christians by accusing them of being self righteous and pious and, indeed, many believers think of themselves as being better than non-believers.  We are all sinners and Christ died for all, there are just some who have not accepted this joy yet!  One day we will all stand before God and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus  Christ is Lord! Christians used to be unforgiven sinners too but God loves us all the same!

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, thank you for being so kind but I also thank you for other Christians who have enabled me to become a better person and those who have helped me along the way materially and spiritually.  Help me to show your love by being helpful to those who need it.  Help me to be sensitive to the leading of your Holy Spirit to go to those in need whom you have put in place for me to help. I pray that my hands will be helpful when they need to be.  In Jesus name, Amen.


1 comment:

  1. That's a BIG AMEN...Sister! ...er, I mean MY MOM! =)

    ReplyDelete