Watch your clothing!!


Friday October 19 2012:

Colossians 3:12.  “Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tender hearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”

I think we are guilty of forgetting God’s choice of making you and me to be his child!  He is our heavenly Father and deserves to be loved and adored.  Paul gives us lofty requests here and, by ourselves, this would be impossible to attain.  When we receive Christ as our Saviour, he gifts us with an indwelling Holy Spirit who enables us to be clothed with the attributes Paul commands us to have. 

I have noticed, when I wander from the closeness of my relationship with Christ, it becomes more difficult to be clothed with these fruits of the spirit.  As long as I rely on the Lord and welcome the presence of the Holy Spirit, he leads and guides me in the paths that bring peace and contentment and enables me to be clothed with these attributes.  If we desire these attributes, we must let the Holy Spirit lead; thereby confirming we are in line with God’s plan for our lives. Oh to be in line with the perfect plan God has ordained for my life!

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am grateful to be loved by you and yet I know I don’t have to do anything to receive your love, you give it freely.  Thank you Father for making me your child.  Help me not to take you for granted but to desire the attributes that give you pleasure.  Fill me with your Spirit so that I may be empowered to be all that I can be.  Make me more like Jesus, you Son.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment