More on the "tongue"!!!


Thursday October 18 2012:

Proverbs 25:23.  “As surely as the wind from the north brings rain, so a gossiping tongue causes anger.”

Why is there, at times, the insatiable desire to gossip about someone else?  Is it because we do not like the person we are gossiping about?  Is it to prove we know something about someone that another person may not know and we want to be the first to tell them?  Is it to let someone know that someone else has taken us into their confidence by disclosing some information to us?  Whatever the reason, you can be assured, it is not a valid one!
I can not and do not respect nor trust anyone who comes to me and tells me, “have you heard............?” or proceeds to tell me some secret about someone else’s faults, sins or actions.  I always find myself wondering what that person is saying about me when I am not around.

Gossip is a wicked sin that only brings destruction and harm to another person.  It is always wrong.  I have even been in prayer meetings where some have used the situation to relay imperfections and faults about someone else. I am not advocating the absence of realizing another friend’s sins but to broadcast these in a public meeting is not right!  If we are guilty of committing this sin, we lose respect and credibility with friends and acquaintances.  It causes a gap in the relationships we have strived to form with others and it causes a wedge in our relationship with Christ.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I praise you today for who you are, the Great Creator who made Heaven and earth and all the things upon it for our benefit.  Thank you for being my personal Saviour and sending Jesus down to make this possible.  I ask you today to help me be more like Jesus and give me the will power to remain faithful and true to Christ and to my friends.  I know I have imperfections that I don’t even know about and many that I do know about and yet I make blunders every day.  I am as vulnerable and sinful as the next person and I know you forgive me every day.  Help me to be an encourager not a discourager, and not tell tales that do not benefit others. Help my tongue to stay clean and pure.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment