Become pure in God's sight and Adena's personal Lords Prayer



Friday April 2012

Proverbs 25:4: “Remove the dross from the silver and the sterling will be ready for the silversmith.

It hurts to be purified, to have the “dross” removed so we can be ready for the silversmith.

I have a pure sterling silver bracelet, which was left to me by my sister.  when I take the time to polish it, the silver shimmers vividly.  It has beautifully carved petals and stems on it that seem to be lifted from their place to create a textured design after it has been cleaned and polished.
 In order for the delicate carvings and  specific details to be fully appreciated as the silversmith intended it to be, requires time and effort in the polishing and buffing stages.  It seems, every time I wear it, it needs cleaning but I enjoy cleaning it and watching the intricate patterns appear and people always comment on its beauty when I wear it.
It reminds me of ourselves and the fact that we need to come often, daily, and ask the creator to cleanse us, so we can be what He intended us to be. You and I need the Master Silversmith to “polish” us so every lovely detail is evident and we need to ask Him to get rid of the “dross” that inhibits the true beauty of the Created. It isn’t always a pleasant experience because often we come face to face with something in our lives we don’t want to face or change but in order to be as beautiful as possible, it is necessary to face the truth and perhaps do something about it!

Today’s Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for caring enough about me to take the time to clean away the “dross”  so only the sterling will be evident and I will be ready for the Master Silversmith to work a miracle in me. Without You I am nothing and can accomplish very little. Help me to be ready and willing to let you have your way in my life. I know the tests are often difficult, but I also know they are all worth it to become what you created me to be. In Jesus name, Amen.



A Weekend Read: April 8 2012

Adena’s Personal interpretation of The Lord’s Prayer, Luke 11:

Precious Heavenly Father, Your name is holy as you are holy.  You are the creator of heaven and earth and everything in it and on it and around it and even beyond that.  You, Oh Lord, are an awesome God, and yet, you love me, insignificant me.  Even though you sit on the ultimate Throne in heaven, You love me!  May your name be praised forevermore.

May your kingdom be established in my life and those around me.  Please, Lord, work through me to let your glory shine to others and help me to be moldable and supple allowing you to change me into what you created me to be. 

May my goal and prayers be in perfect alignment with your perfect and holy will.  Let nothing stand in the way between you and me, oh Lord, so that your kingdom will be in me. In Revelation 1:6, it says, You have made us your kingdom.

Lord, You have so richly provided for us, please continue to do so and help me be a good steward over what you have provided.

 Oh my Lord, my sins are so numerous and yet you have removed them as far as the east is from the west and you don’t even remember them anymore.  I need you to keep forgiving me each day because, although I don’t consciously plan to sin, I know that I do.  I ask you Lord, to reveal the sin in my life that I am not aware of.  I know, sometimes, my attitude leaves much to be desired and often I have selfish thoughts that are not from you.  I ask your forgiveness  Jesus, and for your help in striving for holiness.

Help me to forgive those who have wronged me in the past and not to harbour ill feelings toward others, no matter how they have slighted me. 

And I ask you to keep me from being tempted by Satan’s ploy to try and create a desire for anything of this world that is not pleasing to you.
I belong to You, Jesus and I live to please you, praise You, worship You, and live for You every day. You alone are holy and You deserve all the honour and glory forever and ever. Amen.













No comments:

Post a Comment