Gaining strength in times of peril!


Tuesday April 24 2012:

Colossians 1:11. “We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need.  May you be filled with joy.”

Some days we wonder if God is hearing our cries of despair and longing.  When we’ve been up most of the night with a sick child and morning brings the list of  “must do’s”, or when we have been praying for a loved one who seems to be farther away than ever, we wonder!  The good and encouraging news is that God is hearing and he cares!

Paul continues to declare the wondrous promise of forgiveness and standing before God, blameless, without a single fault and the promise of eternal peace and joy where we will share in the glory of  Christ.

That promise is so dear and yet, today, is when we need a fresh touch form God.
 
In my life, I have discovered an answer that always brings contentment for a time, and that is to spend time in prayer for someone else whose situation is sadder or more severe than my own.  Through this act of obedience in praying for others, I have found joy and fulfillment and soon my despair lifts and I realize my blessings.  This act brings me closer to Jesus and helps me take my eyes off myself.  Try it today, even if you are burdened down, give your problems to Jesus and start praying for someone else!

Prayer for today: Dear Jesus, Thank you for your blessings and your holy spirit in my life today.  My mind seems to be on my problems today and I am so thankful you are aware of them.  Help me , Lord, to release them to you and take my eyes off myself. I know there are so many who are far more needy than myself and today I want to lift up ___________ to you and pray your special blessing upon them. Meet their needs today and fill them with joy and contentment.  Thank you for being my Saviour and friend and caring for the ones I love.  Help me to love others and reflect your joy and peace.  In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment