How deep and how wide and how high is God's love for me and you?


Monday April 23 2012:

Colossians 1:15 “ Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.  He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.”

Is this not a confirmation of God’s love for us? 

God knew we, as human beings, were having a difficult time following his decrees and laws, which were rigid and seemingly unforgiving, and He made a way for us to simply accept the gift of salvation.

Sometimes I think God wanted to know exactly what he had created so he decided to come down and live amongst us so he could experience first hand what it was like to be totally human but we know why he came and it was much bigger than that. He came down in the form of a tiny babe who would one day be the  perfect sacrifice for all sinners by the shedding of his blood as he suffered on the cross for you and me. 

There is much evidence of the life of Jesus Christ, in reputable history accounts as well as in the Word of God, the Bible, and therefore we know, because he lived here on earth, he suffered as much or more than any of us and he experienced earthly emotions and hurts and joys just as we do.  We know Jesus was divinely sent but we also must accept the fact that he had two natures, one being the earthly nature and the other, the heavenly nature. This is a mystery to us but in faith we accept the wondrous miracle of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as being three in one.

We accept that Jesus dwelt with God before he came to earth and returned to be with his heavenly Father after he rose from the grave as the first but not the last to be resurrected. That is why we can be assured of being able to follow him into Glory where we will forever be with Him if we accept him as our personal Saviour.

Prayer for today: Precious Jesus, I am so thankful that you came to earth to sacrifice yourself on the cross for me.  I cannot comprehend how deep and how wide and how high your love for me is, I only know that I am blessed to be your child and you have forgiven me because I asked you to.  I also know you accept me as your child because you say so in your word.  I can’t imagine leaving Heaven to dwell with humans on earth but you did it and it proves your love for us all. I love you, Lord and I ask you to help me draw closer to you.  You, who are supreme over all, came down to rescue me from sin! Thank you Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment