What is God's will for your life?


Monday April 2 2012


Revelation 4:11. “ You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honour and power.  For you created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created.”

We were created to demonstrate the glory of God and to fellowship with the God of glory. That is what gives God pleasure! In order to be used by God according to his will we need to:

1. Learn what God’s will is for our lives.

2. Ask God to give us the same desires that He has for us. (i.e. for our will to be in complete alignment with his in every area of our life.)

There is an old hymn that we used to sing with the words in it: “Standing by a purpose firm heeding God’s command..............” It was a song about Daniel’s’ “band”.

Daniel’s purpose is so clearly written about in the Bible.  He was firm in his convictions, never wavering, even when a lie could have benefited him he chose to obey God and used the gift God had given him. He was in close communion with God, spending time with him each day, many times! 

Even though the interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream meant disaster for him, Daniel knew he had to tell the truth.  He must have been somewhat fearful and yet he obeyed his Creator.  His will was in complete and total alignment with God’s will.  His faith was steadfast, even into the lion’s den. 
God was with Daniel because he chose to be but also because Daniel was in perfect “tune” with God and knew exactly what God’s will was for his life.

Prayer for today: Today, Lord, draw me nearer to your side so that my will may be the same as yours and my prayers and hopes will be the same as what you have planned for me.  Teach me your will Lord and make me what you want me to be.  Help me to know my purpose and to stand by what your plan is for my life. My desire is to be in your perfect will.   In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment