Thinking Heavenly thoughts, do you?


Thursday April 26 2012:

Colossians 3:2 “Let heaven fill your thoughts.  Do not think only about things down here on earth.”

It is so easy for us to get all wrapped up in troubles and emotions that are around us when we are instructed to fill our thoughts with heavenly things. 
It seems to be difficult for us to really trust God and live as though he is truly in control. In my life I often seem to worry about trivial things, things that rarely come to pass. 
I forget to stop and remember that God is the ultimate one in charge and He won’t let anything happen that is not ordained by him. 

We know he allows trials to come but they are necessary lessons to enable us to grow and become stronger for a purpose. If we keep our thoughts on heavenly things we would not have a need to worry about this and that. 

We know there is evil around us and although we cannot see the purpose of some tragedies, we can rest in the fact that God is always and ultimately in control.  Yes; it does require faith but as we know him more, we become stronger in our faith and learn to lean on Him!

Prayer for today: Dear Father, Thank you for being in control of my life and everything around me, even the big tragedies that happen in this world. Forgive me for not recognizing your sovereignty in the midst of terrible events in the world and spending needless energy worrying about things that are out of my control.  You are Lord of everything  and everything is in your hands.  Thank you for being my Saviour too, and even loving me and caring about me in the midst of everything else. In Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment