Will your efforts here on earth be able to withstand the "fire"?


Wednesday April 11 2012:

1 Corinthians 3:13.  “ But there is going to come a time of testing at the judgment day to see what kind of work each builder has done.  Everyone’s work will be put through the fire to see whether or not it keeps it’s value.

I remember a plaque my family had hanging on the wall when I was a child, it said,

“ Everything here on earth will pass, everything done for Christ will last.”

  I heard a speaker once say, “If it doesn’t count for eternity, it doesn’t count.” When the time of testing comes, I fear there will be many of us who have worked superfluously in this life. We need to evaluate and do what will count for eternity and not what counts for our recognition and satisfaction while we are on earth.

Many times I have feared embarrassment for speaking out for God or even what is right or wrong.  My fears stem from the idea that someone may find me “intolerant” or “self righteous” or “pious” but if my convictions are Bible based and I speak truth, then my rewards will be eternal.  What a glorious ceremony that will be when we receive our rewards from our Heavenly Father!

If our work is built on a Solid Rock as the foundation, our building will endure the tests and fires and still stand. So we need to insure our efforts are meaningful and built on Jesus Christ and Biblical Principles
.
Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for your guidance in my life.  My prayer is that everything I do, will be for you.  I need your direction so that my energy can be used for your honour and glory.  My desire is to make everything count for eternity and not to be concerned about earthly rewards that won’t last. I pray that my desires will be in complete harmony and agreement with your plans and all my efforts will withstand the test of fire and time. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment