The majesty of God is so evident!


Monday April 16 2012:

Psalm 8:3. “When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers- the moon and stars you have set in place”

I remember a most romantic weekend my husband and I enjoyed one summer. The bed and breakfast was called Destiny Bay, located on Kooteney Lake in beautiful British Columbia. We were impressed with the delicious offering of gourmet meals, and personal service like hot muffins brought to our rooms each morning and in the evening, the fireplace was always prepared and with a strike of a match the setting became dreamlike. Two small glasses of sherry as a nighttime sleep enhancer and rich and delicious chocolates beside our pillows.  There were many little treats that we did not ordinarily indulge in definitely making it a very special weekend.

One of our favorite luxuries was the sauna located on the beach so one could sit in the sauna and then run into the lake for a cold dip, it was most refreshing!We could tell the owners had given much thought and effort to the comfort and enjoyment of the guests. 

One evening, when we walked to the sauna, we beheld a wondrous sight that “man” could never equal, It was the exhilarating and awesome scene of millions of stars against a clear, dark blue canopy lit up by a huge and magnificent full moon looking down on us, reflected in the spectacular calm lake which was bordered by the silhouette of the evergreen forest and majestic mountains in the background! I thought to myself, “how could anyone doubt the presence of a caring Creator who took the time to form this wondrous sight for us, for me and you to just enjoy!
What an awesome God we have that created this wonderful world for us to live in and marvel at! I was awe-struck by the majesty of it all and realized that nothing can compare with the wondrous works of our mighty God! No matter what man attempts here on earth, it can never be compared with the richness and glorious creations that are God’s.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, You are an awesome God and I thank you for creating such a beautiful world for me to enjoy.  Help me to be a good and diligent steward of the things around me.  There is no one who can compare to you or the beauty you have made for us to enjoy. Your handiwork is far more glorious than anything man made and each day I see the evidence of your mighty hand. When I hear the notes of the bird’s song or see the leaves turn color at the change of seasons, or behold the majestic mountains and the vivid profusion of the wild flowers all around me I am in awe! Thank you heavenly Father for all your goodness.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment