The most patient with me.....and you.......


Tuesday April 17 2012:

Isaiah 40:28. “........Don’t you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of all the earth?  He never grows faint or weary.  No one can measure the depths of his understanding.”

If you have ever wondered why everything fits so well in our natural world, the food chain, the seasons, the cycle of flora and fauna and human reproduction, it is because it was created with a plan, a designer actually had everything planned before you or I were even dust! And not only has God created everything in harmony, he has plans for you and me! He never grows weary or faint and is always waiting for us to desire his presence and guidance.
 
As a young mother, I always wanted what was best for my children, I still do but they make their own decisions now. When they were infants or toddlers, it was easy to make them see my reasoning but when they reached the age of four and older, they developed minds of their own and it became more difficult to persuade them to my way of thinking.
 Sometimes it involved an extended stay in the bedroom or a little corporal punishment for refusing to listen. It was important for them to listen to me because I knew what the consequences of disobeying were

Often the immature decisions of a three year old can lead to harmful consequences like being burned after touching a hot stove or playing in the toilet and they must be taught what is safe and what is not. Depending on the personality of the youngster, this can be a very frustrating stage in child rearing.  The blessings come later when you realize they actually did absorb some of the instructions and advice you gave them as children

I liken this illustration to that of a child of God. In Isaiah it says He never grows weary and he understands why we often make wrong choices because there is nothing that is capable of measuring his understanding! When I raised my children, I did not understand why they did so many foolish things and I was often frustrated and weary from repeating myself and constantly teaching but God never grows weary or faint, He perseveres with us and teaches us over and over again until we understand. 

We are created with different personalities and it takes some of us longer to learn than others but God is patient and ever with us never abandoning his children. Praise His wonderful name!

Prayer for today: Dear Lord Jesus, Thank you for being patient with me and understanding my foolishness.  Even though you see me when I make wrong choices, you still love me and take the time to teach me again and again.  I have been to the hot stove so many times even though I know the danger of it and you continue to have infinite patience again and again. Even though you are the Creator of heaven and earth, you still care about me. Thank you for investing your time in me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment