Turn your eyes to Jesus


Tuesday April 3 2012

Psalm 22:23 “ Praise the Lord, all you who fear him! Honour him, all you descendants of Jacob! Show him reverence, all you descendants of Israel!

We are created to praise God. 
 In fact, we need to praise him in everything and revere him to be in his will.

Sometimes it is difficult to praise God.  Especially during the times when we are experiencing a test of faith. I have found, even when my emotions are at the lowest point and it seems that I am going through a refining fire, if I take my eyes off myself and turn them upward, the spirit of the Lord descends, and covers me with a warmth that enfolds me and takes away the pain that I harboured before.  When I praise my Redeemer, he draws near to me and helps me know that He is with me no matter what!

When the cares of the world are heavy on your mind and everything seems to be bearing down and you are not sure where to turn, there is only one thing to do, Take time to praise your maker, He waits for it and He inhabits our praise and wants to bring comfort to your hurts.

“Turn your eyes upon Jesus. 
Look full in his wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of his glory and grace.”

The light of the world is Jesus and we need to turn our eyes to the “light”!

Prayer for today: Father, help me to see your face through my tears and take the time to praise you even when it is difficult to do.  I know you delight in me when I spend time with you because your desire is to have a close relationship with me. Help me above all, to fulfill my purpose here on earth. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment