God chose us over all creation!


Friday  April 20 2012:

James 1:18. “In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word.  And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession.”

Can you imagine, out of all creation God chose us to be his favorite? Sometimes when I meditate on my Heavenly Father, I am so humbled that he would bless me so abundantly but then I realize, he loves me more than all other creation. It is far more than my human mind can conceive and the most marvelous thing of all is that I don’t even deserve His love or His grace or mercy!  I only receive it because he is a giving and forgiving God who chose us out of everything he made, to be his favorite.
 
If I had to choose anything from creation to favor, I think it would be the little songbirds that I hear in the early mornings.  Whether it’s cold and rainy or a beautiful sunny day, the birds sing at my window and I wonder at their clear notes and sweet melody.  When I look at how they are clothed, more beautiful in vivid color than anything else, I marvel at the works of the creator and yet he chose me to be more favored than these beautiful little creations that hunt for their food and feel the elements of the weather and yet sing praises, daily to the King of Kings! What a glorious Master we serve!

Prayer for today: Today, Lord, I am in awe again, by your sweet mercy and saving grace and now I see that I am favored above all other creation. I am humbled by your Word that tells me this and I want to know you more and serve you more than ever before.  Help me to be what you want me to be as I grow in you and fully realize your great and wondrous love for me. I love you Lord.  In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment