Be Yourself


Tuesday February 21 2012


2 Timothy 2:20. “In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay.  The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use.


In my years as a teacher, I came to know many students and each one was unique in appearance and personality, even with identical twins, I soon learned the differences and I realized how creative God really is. Because we have been compared to clay vessels, I believe this verse confirms our diversity. Uniqueness is truly a gift to celebrate and we are to be thankful for who we are created to be. It is a “hindrance” for us to always wish we were someone else

.
The prayer for today: “ Oh Lord, keep me pure so I can honour you by becoming what you created me to be.  Help me to strive to be like pure gold and silver but also to be content with who I am. Help me to remain like new clay and allow you to mold me into being someone who can be useful to you and I will give you all the glory and honour and praise!  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment