Monday February 13 2012

Romans 9:16.
“Receiving God’s promise is not up to us.  We can’t get it by choosing it or working hard for it. God will show mercy to anyone He chooses.”

Are you working up a “sweat” trying  to win God’s love?
 Don’t!
 Paul says we cannot do it! This verse confirms that God is ultimately in control and there is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less! Salvation is free, all we need to do is accept it with repentance.  God will not reject anyone who comes to him through the blood of Jesus.

My friend, when we receive the wondrous gift of salvation through the blood of Jesus, we want to do what is right and he provides the Holy Spirit so we can have the power and wisdom to do what is right. All we need to do is let Him have control in our lives. 

I spent many years unwilling to let God control my life.  I made hasty decisions without consulting him and most of them were detrimental to me as a person. Oh I did the “running around” trying to “win” my way into the kingdom and I tried to do “good deeds” so everyone would think that I was a “good” Christian but I was doing it all on my own power without the Holy Spirit guiding me and you know what?

 God didn’t love me more because I was trying to be the kind of person I thought I should be. In all fairness, I should confess that I was doing all these “good” things to benefit myself, to make me feel better and to impress other people. My motives were wrong and all my deeds were for nought. God loved me just as I was, without me trying to impress Him or others. It is not our works He wants but our whole selves.


Prayer for today: Precious Heavenly Father, Thank you for loving me just the way I am, in all my imperfection and selfishness and human frailty. I know you are my salvation and you only;  there is nothing I can do to earn it.  You did it all on the cross.  Help me, Lord, to relinquish my stubborn nature and totally allow you to control my life and guide me along the path you have prepared for me. Thank you for the gifts you have given me and help me to give you the glory and honour for the benefits they bring.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder that God loves me for who I am and not who I think I should be.....

    ReplyDelete