Become more positive


Monday February 20 2012


Romans 12:12 “Be glad for all God is planning for you.  Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.”

This is easier said than done, right?
 We know this is impossible to do without the help of the Holy Spirit. 

I remember a lady at a church I went to for several years who seemed to always be thankful......for everything!  Actually it became quite exasperating at times.  I remember thinking, “”I wonder what she’s really like?” One Sunday, it had been raining for about two solid weeks and everyone was complaining about the weather.  I just happened to make a comment about the “dreary” weather to her and she came back with, “Yes, isn’t it wonderful? When God waters my garden, he waters everything.  When I water it I miss spots all the time!”  And there were several other comments she made to me that were similar. 

Finally one day I stopped competing with her and saw her for the positive person she really was.  I started to pray and ask the Lord to help me see with new eyes.  Little by little, I started to appreciate the things around me.  I heard people complaining about the weather and the government, and the price of gas and inflation but I kept on asking the Lord to help me see the positive.
 Now I am the person that everyone gets exasperated with because I have trouble seeing the negative side of things around me. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be realistic about life but to see things as Jesus might see them is a gift.  Ask the Lord to help you be a more positive person this week.


Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am not a very patient person, naturally but since I have allowed you to work in me, I feel like we might be making progress.  Thank you for helping me become a more positive person.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment