Remember those who suffer for Christ



Thursday March 1 2012 

Hebrews 13:3 “Don’t forget about those in prison.  Suffer with them as though you were there yourself.  Share the sorrow of those being mistreated, as though you feel their own pain in your own bodies.”

Throughout the world today, there are many suffering for their faith in Christ.  Every day we read of Christians in Muslim countries, in China, in the Middle East, in India, and numerous smaller countries and areas we are not even aware of, suffering because of their faith in Jesus Christ. 

There is more persecution now than ever before in our world. I know I am guilty of repressing this fact, pretending that it isn’t really taking place. I make excuses and think it doesn’t affect me because it’s far away and removed from my world.  Paul says we should share in their sorrow.  He tells us to empathize with them, put ourselves in their place, feel their pain and torture. 

I tell myself, I could not endure the pain that many are experiencing today and so I continue to behave in a cowardly way and deny that it’s even happening.


Prayer for today:  “ Lord, help me to empathize with suffering Christians who are suffering at the hands of the Devil’s workers, the hate mongers who are under the influence of the Deceiver.  Help me to spend time in prayer for those who have given everything to spread your word to people less fortunate, who have been deceived. Give me a burden for your workers, to lift them in prayer so they may know the Christians around the world value the work they are doing and they are being remembered in prayer. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment