The wait will be worth it!


Monday Monday February 6 2012

Psalm 12:7) “Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them from this lying generation.”

  
We know He is protecting the oppressed and preserving them from lying tongues.  We may fail to see the evidence of this, but our goal is not to judge, only to trust God and remain in His will.


Psalm 12:8) “Even though the wicked strut about, and evil is praised throughout the land.”

Even though we may not see the evidence of God’s protection, we know He is in control. When we see the wickedness and evil flourishing in the world today, we still cling to the knowledge that He is in control.  He allows  deceitfulness to continue in this day and age but when He returns to gather us into His arms of love and purity and truth and safety, then the lies will end and truth will prevail! 
This is encouragement to keep us on the path that leads to safety, for when we stand before Him and He says to us, “Well done good and faithful servant, welcome home!” It will be worth it!

Prayer for today: Lord, Thank you for being with me every step of my way.  Help me to walk on the path that you have for me and under the shelter of your hand. Lord, as I grow in my spiritual walk with you, keep me from becoming judgmental or self-righteous and keep me from evil.  I thank-you, Lord, that you are a God of compassion who takes care of the oppressed and one day  everyone will receive their “just” rewards.  Thank you that you are the one keeping score and we don’t need to do that. Help me to cling to the promises in your Word!  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment