Developing Character


Thursday February 9 2012



Romans 5:4 “And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.”

What is the benefit of endurance? 
It is considered to be a valued quality because the result of endurance leads to strength of character.  
It seems to me, when I meet someone who displays strength of character, they have experienced many trials and problems in life. 
As life enfolds, with its trials and tests, we realize that the result is the birth of kernels of wisdom, which lead to strength of character. 

I have met many who have endured a great amount of sadness in their lives and sometimes it seems as if there are more hardships dealt to one particular person or family while others seem to escape any trials or hardships. We don’t know why this is, but we do know, that  problems lead to endurance and endurance leads to strength of character which ultimately leads to a glorious future with Jesus Christ, and in the meantime, to wisdom and maturity in Christ so that we may become mentors and advisors for those who are at the beginning of the cycle to wisdom.

Prayer for today: Thank you Lord for going through all the trials in life with me.  Thank you for allowing me to experience problems so I can help others endure. Help me to give thanks in everything and not to be anxious in anything.  I know there is a reason for everything that happens in my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment