He is the potter, we are the clay:


Wednesday February 22 2012

Isaiah 29:16.  “................He is the potter and He is certainly greater than you.  You are only the jar He makes.  Should the thing that was created say to the one who made it,” “He didn’t make us?”  Does a jar ever say, “The potter who made me is stupid.”?

God created you and he has a plan for your life. When we forge ahead of God because we think we know what he wants us to accomplish, we always fail.
 
I was enrolled in an art class that had quite an extensive clay component several years ago. I have never excelled in artistic creativity but as I started to work the cool moist clay with my fingers and started forming shapes and different forms, I began to feel almost successful at molding creations that actually resembled familiar shapes. Never did I experience one telling me that I did a lousy job! 

We are like clay jars, created by God, to be used by him for whatever purpose he sees fit. We need to be ready to be used by God in His way. One way to do this is to be familiar with His word, The Bible, and to be in constant communication with Him (in prayer) so we can easily recognize His voice and calling.

Prayer for today: Father, Thank you for my life and the way you created me.  Help me to be all that I can be without complaining or coveting others. I know you love me just the way I am but Lord, I want to be ALL that I can be and only with your help is this possible. I am so glad you are a faithful God and you are willing to teach me and wait for me to become what you desire for me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment