Who is in control?


Thursday February 2 2012

Psalm 12:5) The Lord replies, “ I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor.  Now I will rise up to rescue them as they have longed for me to do.”

 Often we may think, “God has not heard my prayer.”  Mostly it’s because we have a narrow perspective and expect our prayers to be answered the way we see the answer.  This way of thinking is rather lofty because we are, in fact, escalating ourselves to the same level as God when we think this way. 

Imagine what this world would be like if, for example, I was God.  My ideas are so humanly minute, and as I reflect on my life, I can see where God worked out His plan, I would have totally “botched” it!  

 As it was, I often went ahead and made plans without consulting God and realized many of the “muddy” detours in my life could have been avoided if I had waited for his answer.  It is amazing to me, how good God is because he often made something good out of my foolish hasty decisions.

When our prayers are not answered as we think they should be, we forget that our view is narrow but God sees the panoramic view  of our lives and knows exactly what we need and when we need it.

Lately, my prayer has become: “Father, may my desires and aspirations be in perfect alignment with your will for me.  You always hears my prayer and you see our suffering and anguish and you will rise up and answer because you say you will!  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. bobadena@shaw.ca1 February 2012 at 21:34

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete