Wednesday February 8 2012
Romans 5:3.
“We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials for we know that they are good for us - they help us to learn to endure.”


No one is exempt from problems!  Everyone experiences trials. It is what we do with the problem that is important!

.  Paul tells us to rejoice in the midst of our problems.  In ourselves this is hardly possible, but it is in the midst of the trial that we long to draw near to our heavenly Father and seek His face.  When we do this, we can begin to rejoice in the middle of the trial because that is when we realize how great our need for the Saviour is and it brings us closer to His wounded side.  When we abide close to His wounded side, we have deep joy and peace.

How then, does this result in endurance? 
It is in God’s timing that the answer comes, not on our own timing.  
In God’s timing our eyes are opened and we “see” the solution! 
In God’s timing the trial ends and the problem is resolved. 
We are asked to “wait” and endure throughout the trial until the answer arrives. 
This is how we learn to wait on the Lord and endure!


Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I know no one is exempt from facing trials in this earthly life and I know that they are necessary for me to learn what you are trying to teach me. My prayer is that you would grant me wisdom to know what you want me to learn.  I am thankful for the valuable lessons I have learned by the experiences you have allowed to happen in my life, and even though some have been difficult, I know they have brought me closer to you. Help me to continue to allow you to be in control of my life and “wait” on you who always knows what is best for me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment