True Promises


Friday February 3 2012

Psalm 12:6  “The Lord’s promises are pure like silver refined in a furnace purified seven times over.” 

We know His promises are true because His Holy Word declares them to be.  They are compared to the very purest of silver with no unwanted substances, which is the pure truth! He says it is purified seven times! How much more can we expect? 

As my Christian walk continues, it becomes increasingly clear to me that His promises are true. In Hebrews He tells us he will never leave us or forsake us. When our son was killed in a tragic car accident, the peace of the Lord was upon me in a way that is difficult to explain. Our son was 37 years old with two small children.  Many of our friends thought I was a “rock” because I did not mourn the way the world mourns but it wasn’t me who was the rock, it was  Christ the solid “Rock” on which I was standing and it was He who gave me the peace and ability to carry on in spite of the tragic and huge loss. He is our comfort when we don’t know how we will be able to cope and He is our strength when we have none of our own and He is our joy when things look bleak and despairing!  What a wonderful Saviour we have!

Prayer for today: Father, I thank you for your promises that are like pure silver! I know you are a great God who keeps His promises and I have learned never to doubt you. I know that you cannot lie because you are Very God!  Thank-you for being my strength when I am too weak to stand and for being the solid Rock that I can always depend on. Help me to continue to rely on you and give all my cares to you.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment