The secret to a joyous marriage.


Friday March 2 2012

Hebrews 13:4. “Give honour to marriage and remain faithful to one another in marriage.
 
What a wonderful institution, God ordained when he gave us the gift of marriage! There is a special blessing to being yoked to a loving and kind spouse. I married at a very young age in 1958 and after all these years, we have had many valleys and peaks in our lives. Our beliefs are much different and when I realized that it was not my job to “save” my husband and let God deal with him, I discovered our marriage escalated to another level, which brought more joy and contentment.

Soon after I recommitted my life to the Lord, I took on the responsibility of “preaching” to my husband and discovered he did not appreciate my  efforts. The Lord impressed upon me that my job was to love him and let God do the rest. My husband is still not a believer but God has given me new insight and a deeper appreciation and love for my husband and our marriage. Despite the “unequal” partnership, God has blessed us without measure and each day I learn to trust Him more for our happiness and contentment.

God wants to bless your marriage today. If you are harboring hurts, He will make it possible for you to forgive. None of us have ideal spouses, because no one is perfect but with prayer and submission to God, our marriages can be restored and healing can begin. I encourage you to take the first step in giving the negative to God and pray for wisdom and strength so the perfect will of God can be displayed in your life.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, help me today to be the kind of spouse you want me to be. Help me to be forgiving and understanding of the mate you have blessed me with. I want to be in your complete and total will and only through your strength can I accomplish this. Walk with me today and guide my steps and my words so they may be the words you want me to speak and I ask you to give my spouse the wisdom to understand me better. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment