Forgiving others


Wednesday  March 28 2012


Mark 11:25.  “But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”

We know that sin is the thing that drives a wedge between ourselves and our relationship with Christ. 
How then, can we expect a perfect relationship with our Saviour when we have a grudge against someone else? We are hindering the blessing that is ours when we let the bitterness and hurt come between us and our relationship with someone else.

 As long as this hurt is in us, we cannot possibly expect to be used or blessed to the fullest capacity by God. The bitterness we harbour is a stumbling block to perfect harmony with our Lord Jesus Christ.  It is impossible for him to work in our lives the way He wants to when we have “foreign” objects hindering the orchestration of the Holy Spirit.


Prayer for today:  Oh Dear Lord, Help me to see any unforgiven sin that I might feel towards anyone.  Help me not to harbour any resentment or bitterness against anyone.  I desire to be fully alive and abundantly blessed by you and I know this is not possible as long as I have unforgiving thoughts that I have not dealt with.  Help me to forgive others just as you have forgiven me. Let me walk in the light of your love, which is only possible through total forgiveness and having the ability to forgive.  I ask this in the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment