Forgiveness


Monday March 26 2012

 Psalm 130:4. “But you offer forgiveness that we might learn to fear you.” 

To “fear” is a two-fold word; here, it refers to an awareness of the greatness of the sin and how exceedingly and fearfully great God is, who can triumph over it by forgiving. (New Bible commentary, revised.) To recognize how great God is and know that He accepts us and forgives us, is in itself, awesome! It makes us realize and revere God’s very being.

The illustration I think of is that of being accepted and forgiven by a friend who I have betrayed. I can think of one time, at least, in my life that I needed to be forgiven for a wrong I committed. I agonized and lamented the act before I even considered admitting that I had broken a trust.
When I finally went to my friend and admitted my mistake and asked forgiveness, I was reduced to a new depth of humility by being forgiven and accepted. If I felt this way in a human sense, I am in awe of the great depth of the forgiveness of God, who has the capacity to forgive the sins of the world because of what his son, Jesus Christ suffered on the cross.

 The act of forgiveness is a wonderful thing to experience but to realize the glorious forgiveness of a Heavenly Father who created heaven and earth and everything on it and in it and around it, is beyond my comprehension.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, Thank you for forgiving me of my sins.  I am in awe of your greatness and I know that because you could not accept the ways of sinful man, you made an all time sacrifice so that you could accept me and see me without blemish or sin.  It is only by the sacrifice of your son, Jesus Christ, that allows us to come to you clean and totally forgiven and be accepted by you as justified!  I ask that you keep me from temptation so that I will not be a stumbling stone to anyone or bring pain to anyone. Help me to give you all the praise and honour for the perfect peace I have because of you. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment