Are you politically correct?


Thursday March 21 2012


John 12:43..  “For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.”

This verse speaks of the Jewish leaders who were afraid of being expelled from the synagogue if they admitted to believing that Jesus was the Messiah.  The fear was that the Pharisees would shun them and they would not be admitted to the synagogue.

Have you ever been in this predicament?

When I was employed by a large school board, teaching in an elementary public school, I was often intimidated by what was conceived to be “politically correct”.  Instead of standing up for my Christian beliefs, I often would either stay out of the conversation or even agree with beliefs that I knew were unacceptable to my faith
.
Sometimes it is expedient to keep your mouth quiet but often we don’t speak because we’re afraid others might call us prejudiced or biased or, heaven forbid, we may be accused of being “politically incorrect.”  Why are we afraid?  Is it more important for us to be accepted by our peers than to please God?
 
Today is a good day to bring acknowledgement and glory to God in some way.  It is time we, as Christians, became active voices for the Lord and Biblical principles instead of practicing apathy because we are afraid to “create waves”.  Are we afraid of being expelled from the “worldly” inner circles?

I am not advocating speaking without wisdom.  We need to ask for wisdom in order to be able to discern when is the right time for us to speak.  If we “barge” ahead without the Holy Spirit prompting us, we may find our total mission debunked!

Prayer for today: Lord, today I ask you to help me speak up for you and Christian values and principles.  I know I have no need to be afraid because the Holy Spirit has been given to me to help me say the right words at the right time.  I ask for a discerning spirit to help me know the right time and I pray that you will place an opportunity before me to speak for you, Lord.  My desire is to be used by you.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment