You may not even realise that God is using you!


Tuesday March 20 2012

2 Peter 1:10 “So dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen.  Doing this you will never stumble or fall away.”

I believe God has called us and chosen us to do his work.  Each one of us has been called for a different purpose and we need to know what that purpose is.  There is  a wonderful worship chorus that goes like this:
“This is my desire, to honour you,
  Lord, with all my heart I worship you.
 All I have to give you, I offer praise.
 All that I adore is in you.
 Lord, I give you my heart
 I give you my soul.
 I live for you alone
 Every breath  that I take,
Every moment I’m awake
 Lord, have your way in me.”

If our desire is to be used by God, then I believe, He will show us what he wants us to be and where he wants us to go for him. We don’t need to worry and fret that God is not using us. 

It says in the scriptures we may be entertaining angels without knowing it so don’t you think that God may be using us for his purpose without us even being aware of it sometimes? Keep on doing what the Lord has called you to do even if it does not seem important to you because if we work to do what God has called us to do we will never stray from Him.

Prayer for today! Dear Lord, I want to be used by you to fulfill my purpose on earth. I know you chose me to be your child and I know you love me more than I can comprehend and I want to be in the center of your will. Help me to be a student of your word, to understand what it is saying to me.  And help me Lord, to hear your voice guiding me in the direction you have planned for me. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you, oh Lord! In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment