Wait on the Lord and travel on the path He planned for you .


Thursday March 15 2012

Psalm 37:34. “Don’t be impatient for the Lord to act!  Travel steadily along his path."

When we used to go on vacation with our five children, my husband always adhered to the traffic by-laws and followed the speed limit rules. But, five children in a car can be exhausting and cause impatience.  After we had sung all the songs, played all the games we knew and many “originals” my patience often grew thin and I would think maybe just this once we could pick up speed or stop for the afternoon or treat ourselves to a luxurious stay in a hotel.  My husband always kept steadily driving along while I fought to stay patient and inevitably we would arrive at our destination at the designated time without added expenses.

We need to travel along the path of our destiny with the knowledge that we will arrive at our planned destination at precisely the right time. Impatience, only leads to confusion and perhaps losing our way or having to tread through a difficult detour that would otherwise have been smooth and straight. We need to wait on the Lord, because his timing is perfect!

Prayer for today: Lord, grant me patience to wait for you.  You are the one “constant” in my life, the one who never changes and who consistently loves me and sticks by me. You, Oh Lord, are ageless and unchanging and I need to learn to be steady and patient while waiting for you to guide me further along the journey of life. In Jesus name, amen.

1 comment: