Priorities: Are yours in order?


Monday March 5 2012


Hebrews 13:5 “Stay away from the love of money, be satisfied with what you have.  For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never forsake you.”

We are not reprimanded for having money or wealth or possessions, but we are told not to “love” it.  Often, the possession of material wealth, leads to a skewed value system.  When the goal of earning profits becomes the main focus of our lives, our priorities become fuzzy and our spiritual lives suffer.  Many wealthy people have put God on the back burner and spent all their energies with their material profits.
In order to understand and strive toward exerting our energies in the right direction, we need to have our priorities in order. I believe this is how God meant them to be:

1. God: “Thou shalt have no other God’s before me.”

2. Spouse: Genesis 2:24. “This explains why a man leaves his Father and Mother and is joined to his wife and the two are made one.”

3. Children and Family: “Children are an heritage from the Lord.”

4. Job or career:  “ A workman that needeth not to be ashamed. Ephesians 6:7. “Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than people.

5. Church. Hebrews 10:25. “And let us not neglect our meeting together as some people do, but encourage and warn each other especially now that the day of his coming is drawing near.”

God promises to never leave us or forsake us, therefore, if we put God first, it gives Him opportunity to bless us abundantly, which is his desire.

Prayer for today: “Dear Lord, make me what you want me to be and show me how to put my priorities in perspective so that you are first in my life. Don’t let anything or anyone hinder my relationship with you because you are my strength  and without you, nothing is worth anything.  Help me to submit to you in all areas of my life and to trust you for everything. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment