You were chosen to be God's child!


Monday March 19 2012


John 15:16.  “You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.  I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.”

This verse makes me feel very special!  The first time I gave my testimony to a group of women, the Lord gave me this scripture to use as my text. After I had written down what I felt I should say, I realized how very much that little verse meant to me. It told me  how special I was to God and let me know He loved me so much, He actually chose me to be his child and I had the privilege of bearing fruit for him.
 
This verse became especially dear to me when I started going on mission trips because it made me realize it was God’s doing and not my own. It also made me realize that perhaps this was an opportunity to produce fruit for Jesus.

Even though you may not travel to a foreign country or even have an opportunity to speak to strangers, what you say to your children and spouse and neighbors each day produces fruit as well.  There is no greater mission on earth than to be a parent who brings up children in the way of the Lord and strives to be the kind of spouse, God wants you to be. In this way you will produce fruit that will last!

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, Thank you for choosing me to be your child. I am so blessed to know your love and call you my Father. Thank-you for the privilege of  taking your word to those who do not know you. Thank-you for blessing us with wonderful children who are a joy to us. I pray, Lord, that I may use every circumstance that you give me to show your love so that I may bear fruit for you. In Jesus name. amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment