You are a chosen child of God!


Wednesday March 21 2012

Isaiah 41:9 “For I have chosen you and will not throw you away.”

Did you know you were chosen by God to be His child?
And furthermore, he will never leave you or abandon you.

 When I’m feeling lonely or having a “bad day” I remember that God loved me so much, he chose me to be his own. It reminds me of my relationship with my husband, we may have disagreements now and then but when we made our vows at the alter, we pledged to stay with each other through sickness and health, whether rich or poor and we managed to keep that promise for 47 years.( many more now than when I first wrote this)  After this many years, I can’t imagine my life without him.  We are sure of our love for each other, it is unconditional and always evident and I know he would not leave me and he is sure of my love as well!

If we can experience this kind of love as earthly human beings, imagine how very much God loves you, to choose you to be his child. If you are feeling alone or abandoned just remember how very special you are to God and how very much he loves you!

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I am in awe of your great power and majesty and yet it humbles me to think that you love me enough to choose me to be your child.  I am thankful that you promise to “keep” me and not throw me away.  Your promises make me realize that I will always be your child and nothing can severe the relationship that you and I have.  Thank-you Lord, for loving me.  In Jesus name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment