Get rid of the buttons!!


Tuesday March 13 2012


Ephesians 4:31-32 “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. 32) Instead, be kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”

I have a very good Christian friend. As a matter of fact I look to her for spiritual advice and revere her as a true woman of God. 

Her husband was a Chaplain in the Canadian army for years and spends a great deal of time in prayer and listening to the Lord.  One day as he was talking to God, He asked God to keep people away from him that had a tendency to “push his buttons.”
 He said God answered and told him to “get rid of the buttons”. 

This is a valuable insight for me. If we can get rid of the buttons, we will not be bothered by anything anyone says to us and that will lead to an absence of bitterness, rage, harsh words and slander and all those other emotions that we don’t need.  It will enable us to show kindness to all even if they are not our favorite people. 

The Holy Spirit will help us to rise above the hurts as we are given the strength to forgive just as God through Christ has forgiven us!

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I need your help to “get rid of the buttons” and to get rid of all the bitterness that I harbour.  Help me to show kindness and be tender hearted and forgiving. Make me more like you, Jesus and cause me to look beyond the hurts and “rise” above them.  With the help of the Holy Spirit I can become what you want me to be. In Jesus name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this today...it reminds me that I need to pray for the wisdom and strength I need to become a better person and stay focused on what's important...and NOT the "buttons" that I allow people push. "Get rid of the buttons!" :)

    ReplyDelete