Showing love!


Monday March 12 2012


Ephesians 4:30. “Do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live.  Remember, he is the one who identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.”

Have you had sorrow brought upon you by someone? 

 Perhaps someone said something to you that hurt your feelings or saddened you by a comment they made? I am guilty of that offence myself.  I remember saying something to a good friend that really hurt her and I didn’t realize it until much later.  We are probably all guilty of this. I also remember behaving in a way that embarrassed whom I was with. This act brought sorrow to that person.

We need to scrutinize our daily lives and ensure we don’t bring sorrow to our Creator by the things we do. As a child of God, I have a responsibility to display a life of Holiness and humility, not to think, as Christians often do, that I am better than anyone else because I am saved.  In reality, Jesus came to save the lost not the Christians, and I am not loved more by God because I profess to be a Christian.  In fact we are to show love to those who have trouble accepting the truth. When we choose to ignore those who don’t belong to our “group” we are bringing sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I thank you for forgiveness because I know I am guilty of bringing sorrow to You and the Holy Spirit by things I have said in the past. Help me to show unconditional love to others and not to think more highly of myself than those that don’t know you yet. I know you came to save the lost and I know you love them and my desire is to please you.  Without you I am not capable of showing the love that I need to show. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment