Secret Gifts


Friday March 16 2012

Matthew 6:4. “Give your gifts in secret, and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.”

One night after seeking direction of where to use some money I had put away for the Lord, I had a beautiful dream.  I was sitting in a church pew behind a lady I knew very well.  She was a single Mom who had been struggling financially for some time. Soon after I sat down, she turned around and laid her hands on me and started praying for me. I was extremely blessed by this.  After a few moments she rose from her seat and came and stood behind me and anointed me with oil as she continued to pray.  I felt an inner warmth, which I knew, was the Holy Spirit flowing through me. I was blessed beyond words and then I awoke.  I knew God wanted me to  give the money to this woman.  I thought maybe I should give her some of it but I knew I would be hindering the full blessing the Lord wanted to give me.  I wanted the entire blessing, the warmth that came with the oil, so I knew I needed to give it all!

In obedience to God I visited her the next day and gave her the gift.  She was very grateful and in need.  What a blessing to be used by God in this way.

Perhaps you have felt a twinge or urgency to perform a charitable act, it could be the still small voice of the Holy Spirit calling you to perform some small service for the Lord!

 One day we will be rewarded for the gifts we give in secret.  There may not be tax receipts or recognition from anyone on earth but your Heavenly Father knows and will reward you.

Prayer for Today:  Heavenly Father, Thank you for prompting us to do things for you so that we can reap your blessings.  Help me to be sensitive to the still small voice and obey it.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.

    Your post is very timely.

    Gilbert

    ReplyDelete