Are you not more precious than diamonds?


Wednesday March 14 2012

Psalms 37:7. “Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.”

Waiting is one of the most difficult things to do. We feel abandoned or forgotten or useless. I have often thought  “ I’m not good enough for God to use me.”  There have been times I have “barged” ahead and tried to do the thing myself, only to have it fail miserably.

Think of the priceless diamond, waiting and waiting for thousands of years to be unearthed, to be discovered, and even after it has been found it needs much more care to become a worthwhile gem. It needs to be mined, appraised, cut, and polished and then it needs to be placed in the exact setting to enhance its beauty.  Some diamonds are discovered and then hidden in locked safes, only momentarily opened and admired.  Often only the owner knows it’s true beauty and value, but it is still beautiful and cherished.

Many times when we think we have been forgotten, it is only because we are being matured and polished and shaped to be used in the perfect setting that our Creator has prepared for us. He knows exactly where we can best be used for Him and even though many others may not see our talents, He knows where we are and He cherishes us until we are completely ready for his use.

Prayer for today: Father, I am so thankful that you know exactly where I am, not only physically but spiritually as well. Even though I feel useless sometimes, I know you are in control and when you have something else for me to accomplish, you will let me know. My desire is to be used by you for your purpose and my prayer is that I may hear your voice when I need to. Help me be ready for whatever you have for me.  In Jesus name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I too feel abandoned sometimes & wonder what God's plan is for me!

    ReplyDelete