A student named Kate!


A Weekend Read March 11 2012

A very special student:

 As a teacher in a public system, I was not allowed to share my beliefs or advocate a faith of any kind.  I spent much time in prayer asking for wisdom and direction in this area and God heard my prayers and gave me many opportunities to witness for him, even in this restricted area.  

One year I was blessed beyond measure when I discovered a student in my classroom was attending confirmation classes with her church.  She proved to be a missionary in the classroom many times and somehow the Lord granted me wisdom to ask the right questions to open up opportunities for her to speak freely.  It was quite permissible for the students to speak freely but not the teacher.

I was experiencing a trial, which involved my married daughter, the mother of three boys.  She had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. After many weeks of tests and apprehension finally the day arrived when she was scheduled for surgery to remove the diseased thyroid.  As I entered the classroom that day, my concern must have been evident and this wonderful Christian student asked me, in front of the class, what was wrong? 

I took the time to inform the class of my problem. Immediately after my sharing, Kate jumped up and said, “everyone bow your heads, I am going to pray for Mrs. Paget’s daughter now.” 

When Kate asked the class to do something, they obeyed and she began to pray in the classroom, a prayer with such conviction and innocent faith, it was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit and brought tears to my eyes and I realized what a great blessing this was for me.  Needless to say, she became a very special student to me in my years as a teacher.

 My daughters operation was successful as well which I am eternally grateful for.
The Provincial exams were easier that year as well because each morning, Kate would begin the day with everyone in prayer for the tests that day!

She truly was a child of light in the classroom that year and I pray that her child-like faith will follow her throughout her life. What an example to me and everyone else in the classroom and such a wonderful blessing from the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I love you MY MOM! And thank you Kate (where ever you are) for your faith filled prayers. Thank you, My God for your encouraging presence and light amidst our darker hours. God is truly Faithful in His love for us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely inspirational story,and Robyns comment,made it that much more moving!Thank you,and God Bless !

    ReplyDelete